• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (3 Viewers)

Good morning!

It is feeding time on the nest...chicks are growing so fine!!

What about the ringing, or is it better to say banding? Those two are big enoug to that. Is it going to happen?

Good morning!

It is feeding time on the nest...chicks are growing so fine!!

What about the ringing, or is it better to say banding? Those two are big enoug to that. Is it going to happen?

In the UK they say ringing but in the USA it is called banding. I would imagine that ringing of these chicks should be due in about 10 to 14 days. It depends on a lot of factors but the main one is that there is no chance of the chicks jumping out of the nest.

I just been looking at the 2008 diary of this nest and there is no mention of ringing the chick.

Tiger, they don't ring the chicks in this nest. I don't think they ever have, but I'm sure Cosworthlady can confirm.

HomEric had another good evening yesterday - fish deliveries at 21.05, 21.15, 21.32 and 21.55!! What's got into him? It must be something in the water! :) LOL

I can confirm they don't normally approach the nest to ring at Loch of the Lowes. Maybe they'll do it this year but I honestly don't think they will.

My goodness at the fish coming in!!! Has he heard about Tescos through Odin at LG and has decided its easier just to go buy fish!! Is there a Tesco in Dunkeld ha ha ha. I've noticed that Odin as also catching lots more. It must be weather related surely.

Thank you, Cosworthlady!

There It is no need to ring any moor, if and because there are enough information from ospreys flyingways and etc...so I think:)

One question more:) How old are HomeErik? That knowledge Idid not find in nest diary.

I can confirm they don't normally approach the nest to ring at Loch of the Lowes. Maybe they'll do it this year but I honestly don't think they will.

My goodness at the fish coming in!!! Has he heard about Tescos through Odin at LG and has decided its easier just to go buy fish!! Is there a Tesco in Dunkeld ha ha ha. I've noticed that Odin as also catching lots more. It must be weather related surely.

Hi Ann

Was waiting for your thread about the ringing I asked the staff about this earlier this year
and what they said was the reason for definately no ringing last year was they thought that since 2 eggs failed and only one chick made it, too risky as they thought it would be Marge's last chick So I think they are not doing it this year either as don't want to risk any mishaps which I think is right

By the way the nearest Tesco would be Blairgowie or maybe Perth

Elf

Hi Ann

Was waiting for your thread about the ringing I asked the staff about this earlier this year
and what they said was the reason for definately no ringing last year was they thought that since 2 eggs failed and only one chick made it, too risky as they thought it would be Marge's last chick So I think they are not doing it this year either as don't want to risk any mishaps which I think is right

By the way the nearest Tesco would be Blairgowie or maybe Perth

Elf

They didn't ring 2007 either IIRC.

I wonder if he's been nipping into Tescos then LOL.

There are some beautiful pictures just now of Homeric on his perch some metres away from the nest. he is a handsome lad.

There are some beautiful pictures just now of Homeric on his perch some metres away from the nest. he is a handsome lad.

He must be recovering from the exertion of catching those 3 fish! I wondered whether he had caught another for himself, but can't see him holding anything - he's just doing a bit of preening and drying off his feathers - I think it looks as though it's stopped raining there.

He must be recovering from the exertion of catching those 3 fish! I wondered whether he had caught another for himself, but can't see him holding anything - he's just doing a bit of preening and drying off his feathers - I think it looks as though it's stopped raining there.

The sun is out here now so hopefully out there too. Its a bit breezy though.

Thank you, Cosworthlady!

There It is no need to ring any moor, if and because there are enough information from ospreys flyingways and etc...so I think:)

One question more:) How old are HomeErik? That knowledge Idid not find in nest diary.

Tiger is the one with most of the facts about ages but I think he must be nineteen twenty.

The staff haven't been keeping note of how much fish he's been bringing in. I wish they would LOL. I think its got to be around 10!! At least.

I haven't see him bring any others today when I was watching - Marge just had the chicks snuggled under her trying to keep them dry whenever I looked!

Thank You for your information!:)

This is someting to pu soul into, the Ospreys; Marge, HomErik and the two youngs, which we are in Finland callig Teletubbies! Big and small..:) but now there are difficultis to identify them!

And one question more, again. Marge, has she ring? If jes, we have not seen it?

Elanor

Thank You for your information!:)

This is someting to pu soul into, the Ospreys; Marge, HomErik and the two youngs, which we are in Finland callig Teletubbies! Big and small..:) but now there are difficultis to identify them!

And one question more, again. Marge, has she ring? If jes, we have not seen it?

Elanor

Marge has no ring. Where she is from is anybodies guess. maybe she comes from around your part of the world or maybe she was born in Scotland.

HI, Cosworthlady, and thank You, again!

It is now so peaceful on the nest.:)) and the mystery of life goes on...:)

Elanor

Its windy up here today so i imagine its something the same at LotL.

I can hear Marge calling/nagging and the chicks look smashing and getting more handsome by the day.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back