• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (1 Viewer)

Been watching on and off last couple of hours and it would appear Marge has been away fishing although not sure Anyone seen Homer or is he taking time out ??

Elf

Been watching on and off last couple of hours and it would appear Marge has been away fishing although not sure Anyone seen Homer or is he taking time out ??

Elf

Hi Elf!

One of us have seen Homer bringin fish, Marge did "meet" him!
It was about 20.30 Finnish time...hier about 18.30.

Hi Elf!

One of us have seen Homer bringin fish, Marge did "meet" him!
It was about 20.30 Finnish time...hier about 18.30.

Hi Elanor

Thank you for that I thought Marge had been fishing herself which is unusual until chicks have fledged although EJ at Loch Garten has been fishing again and her chicks not fledged yet
I always worry when I don't see Homer in a while in case something has happened to him

Elf

Hi Elf!

Yes, so it is, human being is responsible for the ospreys too, but the birds are living their own life, and we have to take care of nature for them!

I am following the ospreys in Finnland, in Hailuoto. And now we have there Live Cam, Live Video too.

Hier is the link: http://kotinetti.suomi.net/saaksi/index.php

The "kids" are moving some stick on the nest!!

Elf

Don't worry, Elf, it's been reported elsewhere that Homer delivered fish at 12.10, 14.11, 14.37, 14.54, as well as 18.06! So he's doing alright!

Have you read the latest diary entry? It says that last Thursday he brought 5 fish to the nest in 20 minutes! Amazing!!

Alison

Don't worry, Elf, it's been reported elsewhere that Homer delivered fish at 12.10, 14.11, 14.37, 14.54, as well as 18.06! So he's doing alright!

Have you read the latest diary entry? It says that last Thursday he brought 5 fish to the nest in 20 minutes! Amazing!!

Alison

Thanks Alison for the update Yes read diary He is absolutely amazing especially for an 18 year old. And the grief that Marge gives him too but she is lovely

Elf

Hi! :)

The cam did show Marge sitting long time on the ded tree, and she did take care of her fearther, and at the same time it did loog like she let her fethers dry...Noe I wonder, do the ospreys use water to clean them selfs? I think not, but I have to ask it anyway:))

The cam did show Marge sitting long time on the ded tree, and she did take care of her fearther, and at the same time it did loog like she let her fethers dry...Noe I wonder, do the ospreys use water to clean them selfs? I think not, but I have to ask it anyway:))

Hi Elanor

Yes, they do wash here's a link to some pictures that Kinnordyvolunteer took at Kinnordy of one doing just that:

Osprey having a wash

D

Than you for so quickly and pleasant answer, delia todd!!

"You get a good view of the missing tail feather in the acrobatic pose."...Why are they missing? Is it molt by retail?

mmmm.... I presume it's moult, but I don't really know, Elanor.

D

Lots and lots of wing flapping on the nest. Its another beautiful day up north. Maybe we'll see a fledge tomorrow? What do you reckon?

Hi Elanor.

I don't know for sure but I would think they wash with water for sure. They have to get rid of parasites somehow. I know they wash their feet so I don't suppose a quick dip is out of the question. maybe Tiger will know.

Wee is eating the first fish alone.:)
Narge is and has been today so quiet, down...?

Oor did take a piace of fish...good, they manage the osprey- life!.)))

It was a fight, and Oor Wullie did giv up, submit. HomErik did bring a new fish, Wee did take it, and Oor is now wailing...and is with Marge.:) And Wee is eating.

Last edited:
Now is the culminate-point on the nest...I think it is Wee Eck wich is dominated now leading. Wee Eckis eating and Oor Wullie is watcher......Marge is...thinking...:)

Actually I don´t know more who is eating, but it gos exemplary!!! And the other speaks loud:pjyp,pjyp,pjyp....

And Marge is sitting...wise...like, bystander.:)))

Last edited:
:eek!: The cam is not working|!| Probable the thunder is the cause of that!

Is Marges behaviour normal, I meen she seem to be so tired? You have seen her so long, is ther any difference to notice?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back