• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (1 Viewer)

:eek!: The cam is not working|!| Probable the thunder is the cause of that!

Is Marges behaviour normal, I meen she seem to be so tired? You have seen her so long, is ther any difference to notice?

Firstly I was along at LOTL yesterday and Marge's behaviour is a little odd I'm not too sure that she is feeling that great but also her job is done now so maybe that she is just resting now but we have to remeber she is around 25 although this fact makes me very sad but she did catch a fish for herself on Sat Secondly the the webcam is not working here either there have been huge thunder storms here this morning and the last image I saw was I think not exactly sure was of only 1 osprey on nest so think Oor Wullie may have taken his or her first flight

Elf

Elf, thank you...:)

May I ask you, what dos it meen:.."I was along at LOTL"..?

Sorry this is short for Loch Of The Lowes

As camera back on and no diary update It looks like I was wrong and oldest chick did not have 1st flight

Elf

Ok, thank you, Elf, again!:)

So you have been down by the lake, Loch? :)
Could it bee that we do not see Marge anymore, has she gon, or is she near somewhere?

Ok, thank you, Elf, again!:)

So you have been down by the lake, Loch? :)
Could it bee that we do not see Marge anymore, has she gon, or is she near somewhere?

Hi Elanor

I have been at the Loch lots of times
Marge might be sitting on a nearby tree but she looked very unlike herself yesterday I thought quite poorly but hopefully it was because her babies have now grown up and do not need her anymore

Elf

Firstly I was along at LOTL yesterday and Marge's behaviour is a little odd I'm not too sure that she is feeling that great
Elf

Hope to get up there next weekend myself amazing the difference in chicks in the couple of weeks I was down South. Don't think first flight is far away. Hope Marge is OK but she must be feeling her age a bit now. She must be at least a 'great great... granny' by now and still managing to bring up another 2 :t:

So, Marge must have been all the time somewhere near, because she came just befor HomErik came!:))

Homerik did bring a big fish.:))

It came a fight...Marge did say...stop...and she did take the fish, and now she is feeding ...)) They need her still.:)))

Last edited:
So, Marge must have been all the time somewhere near, because she came just befor HomErik came!:))

Homerik did bring a big fish.:))

It came a fight...Marge did say...stop...and she did take the fish, and now she is feeding ...)) They need her still.:)))

Yes I did notice and am very glad as Marge looks so much more like herself
These Osprey's surprise you all the time
Elf

Has there been a fledge? I am sure I found a chick alone on the nest this morning?

You may be right, but there were always two when I looked first thing, Tiger, but it was difficult to see one chick - the branch at the top left hand corner was covering the nest more and it was behind that. Lots of wing flapping from one chick just now, but no flying.

Hi!

We in Finland, we have also seen the bouth chicks on the nest.:)

Marge has feeding them now, good! And Wee Eck has been looking carefully environment, it is so efford, almoust like conscious.

We are waiting....)) "Has there been a fledge?" is that the idiom to learn flying? Excuse me, my english is not good:))

Last edited:
Support from Finland

Maybe I have estimated it wrong...what I have seen today, everything is ok! Ther are food enough, they have practicin their wings...2X o:)

How good to have you with us on this thread! I have just returned from a Cruise from the Tyne (NE England) to the North Cape of Norway, so maybe I wasn't too far away from you!!

We saw no ospreys, but a white-tailed eagle flew not two metres away from our cabin window...............sadly it was gone by the time I grabbed my camera!!

We hope to visit Loch of the Lowes very soon, and look forward to the youngsters finding their wings over the loch! It is a superb Visitor Centre, and we always enjoy our visit there.

Regards,
June

How good to have you with us on this thread! I have just returned from a Cruise from the Tyne (NE England) to the North Cape of Norway, so maybe I wasn't too far away from you!!

We saw no ospreys, but a white-tailed eagle flew not two metres away from our cabin window...............sadly it was gone by the time I grabbed my camera!!

We hope to visit Loch of the Lowes very soon, and look forward to the youngsters finding their wings over the loch! It is a superb Visitor Centre, and we always enjoy our visit there.

Regards,
June

Than you, June! And nice to hier from you!

I love those birds, all birds actually, but ospreys special!:)

I am travelin in August to Hailuoto in Finland, and the ospreyschickens they prepare to fledge, or they can fly already there then, so we have good posibility to see them catshing fish...:)

Elanor

Last edited:
Hi...What is the little bird singing to mike like that: tui--tui--tuui, tui--tui--tuui, on by one, quit slowly and very clearly, and it souds almoust triad but little untuned???

Hi...What is the little bird singing to mike like that: tui--tui--tuui, tui--tui--tuui, on by one, quit slowly and very clearly, and it souds almoust triad but little untuned???

I wasn't watching the web cam at the time you heard the bird last night. maybe it was a blue tit or a great tit. they are very vocal near the nest. have a listen on the RSPB page. Look up Blue tit or great tit then listen to see if its what you heard. :)

Aren't the chicks looking great by the way. Mum and dad have both been on the nest and Mum is feeding a fish to the babies. They are huge so it looks really silly ha ha ha.

Hi;)

Actually, me too! I am just flying between LOL and Hailuoto:))))

I can not anymore know the different between Wee Eck and Oor Wullie.:(

By the way.:))..the little bird, it was not blue tit, parus caeruleus, that i know...the great tit, what is the name in Latin? I will learn to know it too.:))

Last edited:
I can not anymore know the different between Wee Eck and Oor Wullie.:(

Me neither Elanor. They are both pretty identical to me!!

Well no one left the nest because Dad brought a fish and Mum fed them. It made the chicks think twice about leaving home. This pair are so spoilt. But then again Marge and Homeric know best and I trust their instincts. They'll know when to stop feeding as much and encourage the chicks to leave the nest.

By the way I think Marge is looking pretty damn good again. I hope I'm as fit as her at that age LOL

Oh Heck. One of the chicks is determined to shift that twig and if he leans over too much he'll have no option but to fly. Get flapping baby!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back