• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lynford Arboretum (1 Viewer)

Was thinking of going down to Lynford Arboretum to take pictures of wildlife there.
But directions which I've seen are very confusing, can anyone recommend the best places to see firecrest and hawfinch there? I'm not leaving without it this time! Or is there a better place?

These two species should now be paired up and on breeding territories, so Hawfinch will have dispersed from any wintering flocks to suitable nesting grounds. With Firecrest, one could turn up anyway, even near the main car parks. Up to date and specific sites are probably not going to be forthcoming.......1. Lockdown rules have only just been relaxed. 2. Very unlikely to give a specific site this time of year on a public forum.
But you never know. Good luck if you do go for a day's birding.

These two species should now be paired up and on breeding territories, so Hawfinch will have dispersed from any wintering flocks to suitable nesting grounds. With Firecrest, one could turn up anyway, even near the main car parks. Up to date and specific sites are probably not going to be forthcoming.......1. Lockdown rules have only just been relaxed. 2. Very unlikely to give a specific site this time of year on a public forum.
But you never know. Good luck if you do go for a day's birding.
Thank you for the information. I was hoping it wasn't too late for them, I guess I'll have to find an alternative place given I was really hoping to see hawfinch. I know goshawks have been seen displaying days ago, so maybe will look for them instead. But that stands only if I don't see another crane from the train on the way to the forest!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back