• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Making a feeder stand (1 Viewer)

MacGee

I was thinking of buying this feeder stand for £31, but then I thought I might be able to make a better looking one of wood. If anyone has already done it and can offer any advice on design, construction, source of materials, etc, I'd be grateful. Also, if you have any pictures, I'd love to see them.

I'm not any sort of a handyman, so crude and rustic is what I'll be aiming for.

Michael.

i made my own mate out of some old bits of wood and a fence post.

CIMG0336450x600.jpg

i also mad my bird table.

CIMG0337450x600.jpg

cheers Mike,

for both of them it cost me about £4, that was for the balls on top.

but nothing is impossible if you have a go!

Goodness, those are impressive! They are so expensive in the shops - good luck with making your own, Michael. Btw - rustic is good. Birds like rustic.

Bird Feeder

Hi

I made a simple Tee feeder from some old scrap 1" copper pipe I had around. Fitted a tee connector to the top and a piece in each side of the tee all soldered together with end caps to keep the feeders from sliding off. 1" hole in a slab of wood and the job was done.

Had trouble with a pesky squirrel so I greased the pole - poor thing thought he had lost his powers of climbing :-O

I can get stands very similar to the ones on e-bay for about £12 in a local hardware shop, obviously not local to you but if you look around they are out there somewhere (and at £12 I couldn't be bothered making one - combination of laziness and ineptitude!). As usual on e-bay things aren't as good a bargain as people think.
HTH

Nick

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back