• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

MapMate grid reference (1 Viewer)

tarves57

I recently bought MapMate so that I could keep a more orderly record of birds I have seen, however I am having great difficulties with it as it doesn't seem to be accepting the grid reference I am giving it. e.g. I am in the process of adding a place I quite often go to and the reference, according to the coordinates at the bottom left of the screen, is NT 220 740 (approximately), however it does not accept this and I can't save.
Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks
Susan

Susan

Just bought MapMate myself. Downloaded aerial photos from Multimap web site to use with the program! Really good, worth doing if you are recording in a small area - just adjust photo for brightness with any picture software. Get the area map you want to watch and then click aerial view - you can move in all directions until you have what you want.
Going to try and use this as a base map with online help from Mapmate.

paj

tarves57 said:
Okay now. Tried again and this time the grid reference was taken!

Susan

paj said:
Susan

Just bought MapMate myself. Downloaded aerial photos from Multimap web site to use with the program! paj

Hmm...Good idea Paj!
Think I might give it a go myself.

Thanks,
Susan

Paj,
Just had a look at the website and found the grid reference within 100m accuracy! Brilliant.

Thanks for that.
Susan

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back