• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mariefred, Sweden - Willow or Marsh Tit (1 Viewer)

monkeygoblin

Hello all

I have a couple of pictures of a Tit, quite how to differentiate between the two is beyond me. I know to listen out for the call but this wee one was as quiet as a mouse.

There is also a 30 second video that I have uploaded to 'Streamable'...
https://streamable.com/t4wor

Unfortunately the video is mainly of its nether regions!

Anyone have an idea?

All the best

M

Attachments

• tit.png
    tit.png
    254 KB · Views: 78
  • tit2.png
    tit2.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 25
  • tit3.png
    tit3.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 39
  • tit4.png
    tit4.png
    154.3 KB · Views: 84
Hmm! No obvious wing panel or white spot to gape. Neat bib, but not a clear side on view to see if it is bull-necked or rounder headed. Looks nearer to Marsh, but look forward to wiser answers than mine.

Cap looks glossy to me and bib small and neat so I'd go for Marsh. This bill mark stuff may not be 100% as i saw a Willow Tit at Karuizawa in Japan with a pale bill mark.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back