• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Memory Card deals on Amazon (1 Viewer)

Yo All, some good deals to be had on Amazon at present, ordered a Transcend 2gb 133x CF card for £9.07 on Monday evening, it arrived this morning (Wed) Even with the Amazon Market place exorbitant p&p (£4.50p) £13.57p is one heck of a cheap price for memory of this quality,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-T...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200513325&sr=1-14

Stewart

i havent looked at memory cards for a long time but check out 7dayshop.com
its tax free (based in channel islands) and i think its free postage but dont quote me on the free postage bit

Be wary

You certainly can get some good deals for memory cards on Amazon but you do need to be wary as the cards may not always be genuine.

I purchased a SanDisk Extreme IV 4.0 GB card through a third party dealer on Amazon a couple of weeks ago for £35.49 inc P&P, the card arrived two days after ordering it which I thought was great service but became suspicious when I opened the unsealed box and the writing was slightly different on the front of the card than the picture of the card on the cover of the box. It also looked different to the same card I already own which I received from Jessops when I bought my 40D. As I already own the same card I decided to carry out some performance tests comparing the two cards.

I installed each card to my 40D and in RAW quality shot in continues high speed mode until the buffer was full and the camera stopped shooting, I then timed how long the images took to download to the card and when the camera was ready to shoot its full quota again, this is indicated when the red light goes out at the back of the camera. The card I bought through Amazon took 30 seconds to recover, the card I already own took 17 seconds.

I sent a snotty Email to the company I purchased the card from threatening to report them to the office of fair trading for selling non-genuine items, they agreed to a full refund stating “I am so sorry for this card. My supplier told me it's genuine but I am not sure about it.” They refunded me immediately even before I had returned the card.

I then decided to purchase a SanDisk Extreme III 8.0 GB card directly from Amazon as apposed a third party dealer for £63.64 inc P&P. I received this card the other day and have no doubt it is genuine and am very happy with my purchase.

http://www.pbase.com/nickclayton

Last edited:
its tax free (based in channel islands) and i think its free postage but dont quote me on the free postage bit

I have used 7 dayshop for over a year now and have never had any trouble with cards or service.

I think you will find that 7dayshop charge £3.95 for basic P&P and more if you want a special delivery.

Hi Nick don't worry having been stung with so called cheapo cards I'm a bit wary now. This one came in an unopened blister pack with all the paperwork etc.

Went straight onto Transcend UK website and checked and registered the card it came back as all ok with a full lifetime warranty.

Transcend site for anyone interested:- http://www.transcend-uk.com/

Stewart

hi all give play.com a go for your cards as good a price as amozon or 7 days shop but FREE p&p never had a problem:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back