• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

meopta meostar 8x42 (1 Viewer)

Prestdj

its good to be back
Ukraine
i bought these off ebay for £350 used condition, which i would say was good price given the optics.......they came with carry case and both sets of lense covers but the 42mm covers are a bit loose so trying to source a new set. but they also came with no strap just the ends of a op-tech strap attached to the bins

they are large and quite bulky but fit perfectly in my hands and have a very well balanced feel to them, the rubber is of good quality and feels nice and grippy but smooth in the right places

a night away in the campervan on the east coast with nice veiws gave me a chance to test them out

despite them weighing 897 grams they felt easy to carry for most of the day

the image they give is stunning i suffered no blackouts or eyestrain just a nice relaxed view, i managed to pick up a manx shearwater flying north at about 1 mile range and watch it fly north ,whilst i switched to the scope my non birding partner saw it through the meopta's which i thought was good

i was keen to see how well they do in dusk so had a short walk

in low light these are stunning sharp and bring the colours out , its like they see in to the trees

very happy

I agree... I was totally blown away when I looked through my 10x42 Meostars. And the weight is fine, and helps a steady view.
A very underated binocular.... or perhaps not.... most people who do look through Meostars seem to come to that conclusion it appears, but that's just not that many people overall I guess.
Anyway... bought 'em, love 'em!!

I agree... I was totally blown away when I looked through my 10x42 Meostars. And the weight is fine, and helps a steady view.
A very underated binocular.... or perhaps not.... most people who do look through Meostars seem to come to that conclusion it appears, but that's just not that many people overall I guess.
Anyway... bought 'em, love 'em!!
its hard not love these and quite rare to find them in the uk

though iam puzzled by these due to the lack of information about them

serial number 601030 which i think would make them 2006? but they have a tripod attachment which allbinos says they dont have, but the b1.1 does. also the obective covers are all rubber not the ones with a nylon string

even though they are great just a bit confused

My B1 HD's have the tripod attachment, but also the completely useless objective caps on string.
What a joke IMO!!
Also mine has the green carpet like bag/case.... again, i'm not a fan of that and use a Zeiss case... much better!!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back