• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

merlin app (1 Viewer)

kawwauser

i recorded a song thrush with the merlin app,the bird was close and loud when i played it back on my phone it was a lot quieter when i downloaded it and played it on my desktop computer i couldnt hear anything ,can anyone hear the bird ?

Attachments

• thrush24-06-10 16_36 (1).wav
    7.5 MB
I can hear it just fine, even with relatively low speaker volume.
As an aside, an extremely good sound recording and manipulation app is (free) Voice Record Pro that allows instant editing--clipping, amplification, etc. Apple Android

Yes, I can hear it fine in Firefox, PaleMoon won't play it though for some reason.

Typical three repetitions of each phrase LOL

Merlin already makes pretty good recordings at 44.1 kHz sample rate with a 16-bit depth. That's audio CD quality. It's problem is that there's no gain setting. You should post-process your recording with a free software like OcenAudio or Audacity. At a minimum, trim and normalize. Excellent guidance here:

It's no more difficult than editing photos once you have your work flow down.

I checked out voice record pro, and it appears to be out of date for Android. I don't know your platform.

Bummer that Voice Record Pro is out of date on Android. Still being updated for Apple. One of the truly excellent iOS apps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back