• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Morocco birding (1 Viewer)

Robert L Jarvis

Robert L Jarvis
I shall be in Agadir in April for 2 weeks.

I have tried to contact this birding company Gayuin Birding Tours but they seem to difficult to get in touch with or have ceased.

Has any one had dealings with them? Were they easy to get hold of and are they any good?

Cheers Robert

They should be easy to reach through Facebook. I've recently seen many reports of people using their services.
I'm surprised to hear you can't reach them, as everyone seemed to be very happy with their services

Maffong

I got back yesterday from a wonderful weeks trip in Morocco with Gayuin Birding Tours. My mate organised the trip and found communication good with Brahim, the owner of the company. Generally he got back within a day and only on one occasion was it nearer three days but that was due to him being out in the field.

We met Brahim, who was with another group and they were on a longer tour and were moving on to other areas.

Our trip went really well and I would recommend them as a company to use.

Cheers,
Gi

Well I emailed Gayuin Birding Tours about 5 weeks ago and then again 2 weeks ago, no response from them at all.
Guess just have to forget about having a bit of guided birding in the desert.

Hi Robert,

Try contacting Ahuilat Lahcen in Sidi R'bat - he's a great guy and Souss-Massa NP is his backyard. A must for Bald Ibis. Don't know if he guides other areas as well but he can probably set you up.
His details are on here: http://souss-massa-nationalpark-marokko.qsoft.ch/index_e.htm#soussmassa

Cheers,
Joost

Hi Joost,

Thank you for that information, as we leave in two days cannot contact him now. Will do so when we are in Agadir and perhaps have a couple of days with him.

Any idea of his charges?

Robert

Hi Joost,

Thank you for that information, as we leave in two days cannot contact him now. Will do so when we are in Agadir and perhaps have a couple of days with him.

Any idea of his charges?

Robert

Hi Robert,

If you contact him via Facebook you should be able to catch him before your trip (unless he's out of the country):
https://www.facebook.com/ParcoSoussMassa/
Can't remember his rates sorry!

Have a good trip,
Joost

Users who are viewing this thread

Back