• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (40 Viewers)

[QUOTE=nickderPictures like this make me wish I'd seen snow bunting more often! (a paltry twice - though my first flock (at Snettisham) did allow me to do a painting of them pecking at a washed-up condom).

I could just see Nick doing a collage of this one.

Tim at Salthouse beach they are fed through the winter by the car park.

I'll just comment on the buntings, they're superb - and if you ever lose the patience now, just rub out the other outlines and call it a snow patch! (But please don't!) B :)

Edit - actually that wouldn't work anyway, should really be more awake at nearly afternoon o'clock.

Last edited:
What can i say Colleen.

Left it for a couple of days. Cropped the bot. and moved the left/h. bird up and over a bit.stil working out the foreground as I go.
Your option sounds good Nick.

Attachments

• L1200292.jpg
    L1200292.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 40
  • L1200295.jpg
    L1200295.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 53
There's so much work gone into this already that I'll bet you've thought at times, 'I wish I'd never started this...' But work through any pain barrier and continue on to the finish line, you won't regret it.

Excellent work.

Mike

Yes it looks like it's gone past the 'boy will this be a LOT of work' part to the 'boy is this going to be great when it's done' part.

I got a little confused with your previous post with the cropping and I'm sure this was my fault not yours. But now my confusion is gone and I see that it's moving along beautifully. As usual I think it will be very striking coloristically. That pale blue sky is very effective.

I'm not sure if the term 'society painting' can be applied to just one species. But if it can than this is surely The Great Society Painting. Something very special Arthur and worth all the work I'm sure you put into it.

Oh Yes! So much activity I can't keep my eyes still, just like watching a real flock of active birds. I particularly like the middle sweep of birds. It's almost like one individual turning from one direction to the other, just a perfect way to indicate movement. Bravo!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back