• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nam Cat Tien, today (1 Viewer)

I could be way off here, but looks more like a Bulbul than a Babbler to me (elongated and rather elegant rather than a squat little ground dweller) - why not Grey-eyed bulbul? I'd await confirmation as I don't recall seeing that species in the wild.

I could be way off here, but looks more like a Bulbul than a Babbler to me (elongated and rather elegant rather than a squat little ground dweller) - why not Grey-eyed bulbul? I'd await confirmation as I don't recall seeing that species in the wild.
Yes, it does look like a Bulbul, doesn't it?

Is this a Buff-breasted Babbler? It's got a ring on its leg (illegible).

Grey-eyed Bulbul as suggested by Daniel confirmed by combination of pale bill, pale eye, pale supraloral, white throat and rusty tail + note false streaked effect to crown and dark mark above supraloral.

Grahame

Thank you, Grahame - all those things are indeed visible on the photo - the chestnut undertail, if visible, would have been a bigger giveaway for me. I'm a very slow learner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back