• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Naturetrek, Congo (1 Viewer)

For the previous trip to Congo, they had to buy all the equipment especially for this one tour [correction - Birdquest did]

Last edited:
For the previous trip to Congo, they had to buy all the equipment especially for this one tour [correction - Birdquest did]
The Republic of Congo aka Congo-Brazzaville (Naturetrek Toru) is in another country than the BQ Tour in the Democratic Republic of the Congo aka Zaire aka Congo-Kinshasa. BQ better didn't go to the Republic of Congo as they would have had a hard time finding a Congo Peacock over there! :D

Well, with regards to the price, there is a saying in Dutch:
You can sell something for whatever the fool will give you.

I don't want to be too prejudiced though, as with regards to DC lodges, I know these can be expensive as logistics are very expensive.
Still, given the time on the ground, and (a stupid little detail I know) meals in Brazzaville are not included, the price doesn't seem in line with even the most conservative approach (as in: if things go wrong or if prices hike ...), so it could have a safety component in there (as you said, Andy, to e.g. pay guards).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back