• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Need a realtively cheap bridge camera quite soon (2 Viewers)

Himalaya

I was thinking of buying a cheap-ish bridge camera for a friend. They don't have a camera and it would help them a lot. I was thinking of Nikon L320 but some say it is too old technology wise.

What other options are there? I want to spend less than £120 for sure.

Any recommended online sellers selling secon hand?

I think MPB has a good reputation in the UK.
I used an FZ150, which is 12 years old, and still got enjoyable results. You can have a look at my gallery if you wish (after September 2023 I am using a micro 4/3 camera). I think FZ150, FZ200, FZ300, FZ80, FZ82 may be good choices if you can find it within your budget.

Have a look at LCE, they often have a good range and competitively priced too. The other option may be to check facebook marketplace for anything local - if you can try before you buy then you may get a bargain - e.g. someone near me is selling a Canon SX50 for £80...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back