• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Needed - easy way to check collimation (1 Viewer)

I tested my Zeiss SF 10x42 with the star test, the star was not perfectly central and this is acceptable, should not cause any issues. They were a pleasure to use and don't get to worried about it.
The EDG were absolutely perfect may add.
If you are using a Zeiss then a Swarovski, I would say that your eyes need to adjust and settle between the two, give them some time, do some tests.

I didn't check the Zeiss with a star test but don't need to. I could tell the Swaros were out just by looking through them and then taking them away from my eyes....one eye felt like it was having to 'bounce' back to try and get normal vision, almost nausea inducing. I've used enough bins to know thats symptomic of a problem with the specific set of bins as long as I've set the diopter right. Swarovski have now confirmed the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back