• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nest box behaviour (1 Viewer)

ThomasW

United Kingdom
We've had this Bluetit with us now for 9 weeks and, due to the mess it leaves behind each morning, I clean it out daily using a proprietary cleaner.
It usually comes back mid morning, as if to check the houswork has been done then leaves, before returning early evening. It's never shown any signs of concern or unusual behaviour - until today.
It's as though it's marking its territory, for some reason.

It's not something I've seen before so I'd be interested to know just how normal this is.

Edit: Whatever the reason for this behaviour it clearly wasn't a problem as the bird returned that evening as usual.

Attachments

• Bird Box_20230222.mp4
    10 MB
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back