• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Blog, Feedback Requested (2 Viewers)

I've used a blog for about 10 years as a way of keeping in touch with my friends and family back in the UK. Rather than me sending out emails loaded with photo's all the time a blog is up to them to read it when they want. I've always used the free Google Blogger but found it restrictive and as it's free they reduce the size and quality of posted images. I decided to use the widely used and very powerful Wordpress even though I'll only ever use fraction of its capabilities.
The blog image galleries are not finished by any stretch of the imagination and I know I've missed some categories. What I'm not sure about is the speed of use outside of the US before I go too far. What I'd like is feedback on update speed outside the US if you can spare the time. It's totally free of adverts I promise.

mike17042.com

I'm not sure if i understand what you mean by 'update speed'... Do you mean the refresh rate, or latency when viewing, opening a page or photos ?... From here (Europe), WordPress and your blog works perfectly, and the pages and photos are displayed with impeccable display speed, no lag, very quickly... !!
(unlike your old blog !! lol !!)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if i understand what you mean by 'update speed'... Do you mean the refresh rate, or latency when viewing, opening a page or photos ?... From here (Europe), WordPress and your blog works perfectly, and the pages and photos are displayed with impeccable display speed, no lag, very quickly... !!
(unlike your old blog !! lol !!)
Many thanks. Thats just what I wanted to hear. I’ll carrying on with refining and rearranging the galleries. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back