• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Bird image heavy Blog/Website (1 Viewer)

MikeInPA

Fuck Trump
United States
After 10 years or so using the free Google Blogger I decided to learn a bit of Wordpress and came up with this Mike's Photographs
It's still very much a work in progress and I've got to revise the image galleries not only to add several years worth of images but I'm not happy with the species groups as I've missed several groups such as Loon/Divers, Dove and I'm sure several others.

Any suggestions?

After 10 years or so using the free Google Blogger I decided to learn a bit of Wordpress and came up with this Mike's Photographs
It's still very much a work in progress and I've got to revise the image galleries not only to add several years worth of images but I'm not happy with the species groups as I've missed several groups such as Loon/Divers, Dove and I'm sure several others.

Any suggestions?
Seems like quite a good set up, I personally would split Waders and Seabirds with a separate one for Gulls, but I like Gulls :) some very nice images all told!!! I like the way they are presented as well.

Very nice photos, I really like how the photos pop in while scrolling. I would suggest arranging the list of bird groups in taxonomic order, so it's easier to find what one is looking for. That way one familiar with birds can glance at the top to find ducks, look at the bottom to find warblers, etc.

Many thanks for the suggestions people. I thought about a taxonomic order and probably will end up that way but I have huge species gaps and it seemed at the time to make more sense to group them. For instance I have very few Hummingbirds and a total lack of Kingfishers.

Yeah, you're right though. I feel a bit of plagiarism is in my future and I know just where I can copy from. 😗

It's a wet weekend so I'll have a bit of time on my hands.

Very nice photos, I really like how the photos pop in while scrolling. I would suggest arranging the list of bird groups in taxonomic order, so it's easier to find what one is looking for. That way one familiar with birds can glance at the top to find ducks, look at the bottom to find warblers, etc.
How's this looking for a Taxonomical list? Home - Mike's Photographs

I've still got birds from 2012 to about 2019 to add yet and pad out the gaps.

If anyone spots an ID mistake please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back