• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Breeding Attempts 2022 (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

Thread only intended for species which are expanding, recolonising, breeding in news areas. Please do not include locations for birds which could suffer due to persecution o, disturbance of various sorts.

Today Potteric Carr in South Yorkshire have announced that Black Winged Stilts have hatched 2 young at their reserve which is a great achievement. I am not surprised they have attempted to breed considering that a pair was reported for a while. I wish them success. I wonder what other surprises we will get this year. International sightings can be included.

Now four, went to see them… awesome bird and great to see it has bred successfully. Fingers crossed the chicks survive.

Rosefinch breeding Fair Isle - 6th Scottish breeding attempt and first British breeding record since 2001?

Blue Headed Yellow Wagtails breeding Virkie, Shetland!

43 pairs of Spoonbill fledging 77 young this year at Holkham, last year 45 pairs bred at the same place.

Last edited:
Cranes breeding on the Suffolk coast at RSPB Snape Wetlands this year and in Oxfordshire for the first time in a long time in 2021!

Thread only intended for species which are expanding, recolonising, breeding in news areas. Please do not include locations for birds which could suffer due to persecution o, disturbance of various sorts.

Today Potteric Carr in South Yorkshire have announced that Black Winged Stilts have hatched 2 young at their reserve which is a great achievement. I am not surprised they have attempted to breed considering that a pair was reported for a while. I wish them success. I wonder what other surprises we will get this year. International sightings can be included.
They bred in Notts in the 50's.

Must have meant coastal Suffolk? Of course I was aware of them at Lakenheath, but for some reason was thinking it was Norfolk, but can see I'm mistaken there!
Lakenheath RSPB is right on the border but South of it, in Suffolk. As a regular visitor to the fence at RAF Lakenheath (which I know is Suffolk) I was cued to check which side the RSPB reserve sits.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back