• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to this forum-First Birding day out (1 Viewer)

Rook01

Hi everyone i went birdwatching today to test out my new Binoculars. I went to a local reservoir and saw some Canada Geese, some Black headed gulls and this mysterious bird which i thought was a Cormorant just by the way it spread its wings on top of a buoy.Wish i had taken my camera now. Anyway just to say hi to the forum and tell you about my birding day ;)

Hi Rook and welcome to Bird Forum from all the Staff and Moderators

It sure sounds like a Cormorant from what you say.

Happy New Year to you

D

Hello Rook and welcome to the best birding site on the internet! :hi:

Sounds like you did have a Cormorant today. I think they are fabulous and very under-rated birds. I could look at them all day long as they are SO sketchable and prehistoric in their looks :t:

Best warn you though....this 'hobby' of ours soon gets rather addictive and once hooked there is NO escape!!! ;) :-O

I seem to be very hooked right now, i seem to be spending a lot of time on the RSPB website... listening to bird sounds when i cant go out due too bad weather :-O

Hi Rook, welcome to BirdForum.Enjoy yourself here. It sure sounds like a Cormorant and yes you are certainly hooked and are becoming as addicted as the rest of us.:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back