• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Year Mountain Hares Saddleworth Moors 04 01 24 (2 Viewers)

BriLee

England
Had a really good day watching Mountain Hares yesterday on Saddleworth Moors, although very spongy underfoot !! And very ropey weather ( as usual lately ) it cleared up later,just saw a few fully white and most in-between white/ grayish brown,it seems like some don't turn fully white maybe they are starting to adapt !! As they are certainly more camouflaged staying in-between coats ,regards Brian._DSC1203_DxO.jpg

Cor!!! A stunning picture that Brian - excellent work lad.

BTW what is the 91st month ;)

Had a really good day watching Mountain Hares yesterday on Saddleworth Moors, although very spongy underfoot !! And very ropey weather ( as usual lately ) it cleared up later,just saw a few fully white and most in-between white/ grayish brown,it seems like some don't turn fully white maybe they are starting to adapt !! As they are certainly more camouflaged staying in-between coats ,regards Brian.View attachment 155

Cor!!! A stunning picture that Brian - excellent work lad.

BTW what is the 91st month ;)
Ha ha Thanks,Sorry hit the 9 instead of 0 😱

Just an update,I went back to Saddleworth Moors yesterday 07 02 24,checked 3 spots ,it was Excellent,I saw 12 at least,4 or so were fully white,and the others were intermediate like this one,I can't see them changing now !! Amazingly though, I saw 3 together and 2 were matin late afternoon, though too distant for pics,I stayed from dawn till dusk,and as usual they start getting active as the Sun dipped behind the hills 430pmish.An Excellent day 😀 regards Bri.

Attachments

• mountain Hare 07 02 24 .jpg
    mountain Hare 07 02 24 .jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back