• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nightjars on Ashdown (2 Viewers)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Went to Old Lodge Nature Reserve, last evening in the hope of seeing some Nightjars, they put on a nice aural display but seeing them was as ever fairly difficult. Always fun! Though the magic of the evening was slightly spoilt by the proximity of the road and Gatwick Airport!! It's not that close but were constantly overhead!!! There was a cracking sunset as well!!! Several very poor videos on the blog at the link!!!

559A6543.JPG

Another great blog, love nightjars. I am lucky that my main mothing site at home has several Large-tailed Nightjars holding territory, but as with you more usually heard than seen and I am never quick enough getting a video of them!

Another great blog, love nightjars. I am lucky that my main mothing site at home has several Large-tailed Nightjars holding territory, but as with you more usually heard than seen and I am never quick enough getting a video of them!
Yes I've never managed to find a daylight roosting one unfortunately!!! But it is great listening to them, and seeing the silhouettes flying about!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back