• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Numida meleagris sabyi Hartert, 1919 (1 Viewer)

Therefore the pension ended earlier than the death was formaly registered by a formal act.
A note added to his birth record indicates that he died in Longuyon in 1967 (which is, unfortunately, too recent to be checked directly in an online archive).
No statement that he was dead (nor, indeed, any other explanation) came with the announcement that his pension was discontinued. As I noted above, I would not expect that a decree be necessary to discontinue the pension of a deceased person -- thus, to me, the fact that a decree was used also supports the idea that he was not dead at all.

If we go here we can see two Saby Paul Joseph

Ficher des décès (INSEE)
  • Commune Paris
  • Commune Creuse

No idea how to research INSEE. Nevertheless I dont think Insee Social Security Death Index will help to find our Saby as it starts from 1970 (when he would be 110 Years old).

Last edited:
No idea how to resaech INSEE.
From here: https://arbre.app/insee/
(You can also download raw data from https://www.insee.fr/fr/information/4190491 , but these are in the form of many huge files, and hard to work with.)

SABY Paul Joseph
Naissance 05/04/1898 Marsac, Creuse, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Décès 01/03/1981 Paris 18e Arrondissement, Paris, Île-de-France, France
The two entries in Filae are in fact the birth and death of the same person, who doesn't appear to be one of the two Saby discussed above.

(I would not really expect "our" Joseph Paul to appear as "Paul Joseph" in an official file, anyway.)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back