• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Oban (1 Viewer)

GarethW

I am going to Oban for a short break next weekend. Can anyone tell me of any good birding sites on the mainland near Oban. Thankyou in advance.

I am going to Oban for a short break next weekend. Can anyone tell me of any good birding sites on the mainland near Oban. Thankyou in advance.

Try Camas Ban and Ganava Bay, a few miles north of Oban. The rocks in the bay at Camas Ban usually hold a few purple sandpipers at high tide and Ganavan is quite good for divers, etc. I've seen otters at both spots too. It's not too far to walk from Oban.

Take a look here:
http://argyllbirdclub.org/

There has been a ring-billed gull knocking around Oban harbour each winter for the last several years, not sure if it's turned up yet this year though?

Cheers
Jonathan

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back