• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Old bluetit nest. (2 Viewers)

Sugarplum

United Kingdom
Hi, we have a blue tit box in the side of our house that birds have appeared to nest and roost in for the last 3 years. Yesterday we installed a birdbox camera. Inside the box is a perfectly formed nest lined with feathers but no sign of eggs or eggshells so I'm wondering if maybe they never laid eggs at all. Should I leave the box as it is or should I remove the nest that is in there? I would welcome advice from all you knowledgeable people - I'm very new to all this 😊. Many thanks, Claire

Welcome to Birdforum. I hope you enjoy your visits.

I’d remove the nest and clean out the box. Hopefully it will be used again in the spring, but you may find a blue tit using it roost in overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back