• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

On a good day around KL, Malaysia (1 Viewer)

wengchun

Registered Member
A rather good day birding around Kuala Lumpur and its adjacent local birding patches could provide 70-90 species. My highest record was over 90 back in 2004 and yet to be broken.

My recent list covering 3 birding sites provide 69 species although i believe it could be much higher if not for the bad weather and visibility. Some of the birds include

1. Javan Myna
2. Common Myna
3. White-vented Myna
4. Jungle Myna
5. Eurasian Tree Sparrow
6. House Crow
7. Common Iora
8. House Crow
9. Rhinoceros Hornbill
10. Black-and-Red Broabill
11. Verditer Flycatcher
12. Rusty-breasted Cuckoo
13. Coppersmith Barbet
14. Olive-backed Sunbird
15. Scarlet-backed Flowerpecker
16. Orange-bellied Flowerpecker
17. Paddyfield Pipit
18. Blue-tailed Bee-eater
19. Blue-throated Beeeaetr
20. Asian Glossy Starling
21. Purple-backed Starling
22. Yellow Bittern
23. Painted Stork
24. Asian Openbill
25. Yellow Bittern
26. Cinnamon Bittern
27. Grey Heron
28. Purple Heron
29. Black-crowned Night Heron
30. Cattle Egret
31. Little Egret
32. Little Heron
33. Pink-necked Grren
and much much more

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1904123_635795516456822_2115135297_n.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back