• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opps, wrong sort of playground. (1 Viewer)

harry eales

Ancient Entomologist
Some people build swimming pools in their back yards. But outdoor pools in Alaska just won't work. Since this particular family lives on the outskirts of Anchorage, they decided to build a sturdy, colorful playground for their 3 and 4 year old sons, with smooth-stone gravel all around itto avoid knee scrapes and other injuries.

They finished building it on Saturday evening, and the following morning, as the mom was about to wake up the boys and have them go out to play in their new play center, this is what she saw from the upstairs window:

Their new playmates.

Harry

Attachments

• Bear pit -1.psd.jpg
    Bear pit -1.psd.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Bear Pit -2.psd.jpg
    Bear Pit -2.psd.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Bear Pit 2.psd.jpg
    Bear Pit 2.psd.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 141
Wow!
That is quite a surprise when seen first thing in the morning...
The bares do look like they're enjoying themselves.
Do you know what they did about them?

MlZad said:
Wow!
That is quite a surprise when seen first thing in the morning...
The bares do look like they're enjoying themselves.
Do you know what they did about them?

Yes, I would like to hear more details also! Do you have any more info to share?

DFW Urban Wildlife said:
Yes, I would like to hear more details also! Do you have any more info to share?

Hello BF Mammal addicts,

I'm sorry but I have no additional information regarding this item other than it came from a friend in San Diego the USA. He received it via an Email from other friends who have similar interests in large mammals.

Alaska is one of the few places where several Bear species can still be found, Black Bear being perhaps the commonest species. Like Foxes over here, bears are often seen rooting around dustbins on the outskirts of towns for food if the winters are hard.

Harry.

Oh nooooooo - DON'T show these pics to Neil as he has a 'thing' about bears!!!! He'll want to move out there just so he can have them in his garden!!!!

Great photos tho Harry :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back