• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron stabilisepd binoculars (2 Viewers)

I've shifted to using the 10x30 as my regular bins (from Leica 8x32 BA) as I've a tremor that means I struggle to hold any non-stabilised binocular still enough to ID anything relying on any kind of detail in observation.

I also used to have the Canon 8x20 and found the opticrons much better to use regularly than the canons. Brighter, more effective stabilisation, better build quality, proper eyepieces, and less CA. However from what I've seen on these forums, I wonder if my canons were a lemon as others seem very high on them.

I'd thoroughly recommend the opticrons if you have unstable hands. With my tremor they are genuinely life changing in terms of how the views they allow me to have again. I think they also sit well in terms of value and quality - overall image quality is a solid mid-range binocular but with all the benefits of the IS and at a decent price point compared to other stabilised models. There's no doubt they take some getting used to, so worth trying in a store if you can. I also found it took a bit of time for my eyes to adjust to them and they made me feel almost a little seasick to start with, but that didn't last long and isn't an issue at all now.

Happy to answer any specific questions if I can.

Cool. Good for you. I had no idea Opticron had IS bins in their portfolio. I have no unstable hands (yet), but I'll certainly have a look at these now.
Thank you for the heads-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back