• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Osprey Behaviour? (1 Viewer)

Scozmos

United Kingdom
Good evening all, went up to Backwater reservoir for a walk this afternoon, met a few people asking if we'd seen any Ospreys and at that point, no. Walking on we saw one fly up the reservoir and disappear but, on our way back down we spotted three birds flying like a family of Buzzards, circling together and cruising around the reservoir. I got a good look and a few photos and they all appeared to be Ospreys, I didn't know they were social birds like this? I didn't manage to get a single shot of all the birds but a few shots of different ones.
Is this normal behaviour?
Thanks in advance.
Scoz
PS Did get a few fab shots of one with a fish but missed the actual catch.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back