• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panama City yesterday evening (1 Viewer)

Aladdin

Thailand
Dear Members and Bird Watchers!

First of all I want to thank the members for all the help.

Now in Panama and I had had a good crossing of the Atlantic. Thanks to the members here I have been able to ID all the boobies I have run in to after the initial ID problems that I had.

But now I am pretty confident in ID the bobbies, the Red-footed that can be problem in different plumages. So, I am very grateful to the members of the birdforum, THANKS!

I ran in to two birds that I could not ID with 100% certainty. The first birds and I ID them as Panama Flycatchers. Please see attached picture and two recordings.

Again, no bird watching equipment so the picture is with my Scooby Doo pocket camera.

The third bird sound attachment, I have ID the bird as a Green Parakeet but this bird should not be in Panama, Mexico only. There were 50++ of them in a small tree and I recorded the sound, maybe it is possible to ID the bird from the recording.

The bird was green in two different shades. But it was getting dark and I can have imagined a wee bit of darker spots on the throat.

Kind Regards and Happy Birding
Aladdin

Attachments

• 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Parakeet in Panama.mp3
    678.8 KB
  • Panama Flycatcher2.mp3
    388.4 KB
  • Panama Flycatcher.mp3
    126.9 KB
Last edited:
The parrot could have been orange chinned parakeet, most likely the commonest in the area. Usually the chin is scarcely visible but that might be what you noticed

Th
Panama flycatcher is a Myiarchus. Your bird looks more like a kingbird (clean grey head with narrow dark mask) - maybe tropical kingbird.
Ank you Butty, yet again!

I had two options, and I remember Kingbirds from USA as bigger.

So I went for flycatcher.

Thanks again, highly appreciated
Aladdin

The parrot could have been orange chinned parakeet, most likely the commonest in the area. Usually the chin is scarcely visible but that might be what you noticed
Thank you yet again!

Yes, that is the bird, there were many of them and you could hear them from far away.

Cheers, highly appreciated
Aladdin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back