• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panasonic Lumix G9 (1 Viewer)

Any advice on a suitable 1.4 x or 2.0 x converter to use with the Panasonic 100-400mm lens on as G9?
You need to take the plastic round cover at the back, this way the protruding part of the lens of the converters can get in (right diameter), I used it with 1.4x and 2.0x Olympus. The only thing you need to be very careful is that it only can be used from 200mm on and never keep the extender on the lens when storing it, If you go less than 200mm with the extender inserted, the inner part of the lens will be in contact with the protruding part of the extender and either of them can be damaged. They work well but if you are not a pro do not try them. I've been around for over half a century and have done many modifications, many times the companies do not allow some things for simply $$$$ reasons, not technical ones.

As I'm not a pro, I will not try that solution! Perhaps there will be a 600mm lens available for the G9 at some point?

I think the answer is NO. Unless you have the PRO-versions. I've tried to find a converter, too.
Hi Dyrlege, I visit Norway regularly, my son lives in Larkollen, south of Moss. Can you recommend any good bird-watching areas near that part of Norway?

As mentioned in another thread, there will be a new version of PL100-400 which should be compatible with TCs
Niels

Hi Dyrlege, I visit Norway regularly, my son lives in Larkollen, south of Moss. Can you recommend any good bird-watching areas near that part of Norway?

Try this link, use Google translate if it insists on Norwegian. The place is called Øra nature reserve, in Fredrikstad, and it's great for birding. The link will show directions and if you're lucky a map. There is an observation "tower" that's free for all.
Per

Users who are viewing this thread

Back