• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paphos, Cyprus, Final Queries. (1 Viewer)

AlanR

Bird photographer
United Kingdom
Two birds seen last week at Paphos. I had both down as Dunnocks at first but now I'm not sure about either. I didn't see any other evidence of Dunnocks on the Island.
Alan

Attachments

• _Dunnock1_.JPG
    _Dunnock1_.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 114
  • _Dunnock2_.JPG
    _Dunnock2_.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 101
OK, thanks.
There were lots of Black Redstarts looking like several different tpes of bird!
Alan

OK, thanks.
There were lots of Black Redstarts looking like several different tpes of bird!
Alan

Alan,
I was in North Cyprus for Christmas and was struck by how common Black Redstarts were - they were everywhere! The males and first winter/females are quite different which might explain them looking like different types.
I'm back in late March when the Spring migration is just getting under way - Spring in Cyprus - fantastic birding, can't wait!
Cheers
Colin.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back