• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Pendle Hill Dotterels (1 Viewer)

Arbu

I'm thinking of going by bicycle from Preston out to Pendle Hill this coming Monday 2nd May to see if I can see any dotterel. My plan would be to try to find somewhere to lock my bicycle up near the farm buildings just to the east side of the hill, walk up to the top and look around there. Does that sound like a good approach? Have the dotterel been seen this year?

Thanks.

sleipnerofasgard

I'm thinking of going by bicycle from Preston out to Pendle Hill this coming Monday 2nd May to see if I can see any dotterel. My plan would be to try to find somewhere to lock my bicycle up near the farm buildings just to the east side of the hill, walk up to the top and look around there. Does that sound like a good approach? Have the dotterel been seen this year?

Thanks.

Dottrel tend to not hang about so much in the spring , we had 3 in fields near Martin Mere on wednesday and early thursday morning , but were gone by half nine , i believe 5 birds were on Pendle last week but moved through fairly quickly and nothing since

Arbu

Dottrel tend to not hang about so much in the spring , we had 3 in fields near Martin Mere on wednesday and early thursday morning , but were gone by half nine , i believe 5 birds were on Pendle last week but moved through fairly quickly and nothing since

Hmm, thanks, might go elsewhere then. It's due to rain heavily until mid morning so I don't think I'd make it in good time for any overnighting dotterels even if there are some.

Users who are viewing this thread