• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photos for Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds (1 Viewer)

sicklebill

well-known Cretaceous relic
Australia
This is my last appeal for images that may be suitable for the Birds of Paradise and Bowerbirds title that is being finalised for A & C Black/Helm Publishers.
We can pay a modest fee if the image is used, and obviously credit the photo. My thanks to those who so kindly sent in some very useful photos thus far, I will let you know what gets chosen in due course.

Bowerbirds
All the New Guinea Black-eared group- Arfak. Huon, Northern, Black-capped and Black-eared
Arfak White-eared and Tan-capped Bowerbird

Streaked Bowerbird and bower
Huon Bowerbird and bower
Archbold’s Bowerbird male and also the bower
Masked Bowerbird and bower
Flame Bowerbird better shots of male and female - Sam Woods where are you?

Western Bowerbird and bower

Stir a few gaps in the BoP’s, though I did fill a few hard ones on the last appeal

Obi Paradise-crow
Paradise-crow

Jobi Manucode
Crinkle-collared Manucode
Tabula Manucode
Trumpet Manucode except gouldii from Cape York

Arfak Astrapia
Splendid Astrapia
Princess Stephanie’s Astrapia good male

Short-tailed Paradigalla

Carola’s Parotia
Eastern Parotia
Bronze Parotia

King of Saxony female plumage

King Bird of Paradise female plumage

Superb Bop any females and Arfak taxon male

Goldie’s Bird of Paradise

Wallace’s Standardwing

Please send any that might be suitable and thanks for your help

Phil Gregory

[email protected]

Hi Phil - have you looked in the Gallery here to see if any of the species you require are represented there? Leaving a comment on an image may produce a response.

Hope this helps.

Having had the pleasure of reading through Phil's manuscript (several times!) and seen some of the artwork, I can safely say that this is going to be a terrific book. If you have any photos that Phil needs, then I urge you to contact him so that you too can be part of this splendid project.

Thanks Delia, I will have a look, my appeal got some very helpful responses including one of the Arfak Catbird, but gaps remain.....

Thanks Delia, I will have a look, my appeal got some very helpful responses including one of the Arfak Catbird, but gaps remain.....

Phil, have you thought of contacting the BBC about their stills library? The BBC have sent quite a few film/video teams to film BOP, but usually they have at least one cameraman who carries out stills work.
MJB

That's a thought, I could see what they have maybe, thanks for the suggestion.
Also thanks to the various folks who contacted me direct, I was able to fill some significant gaps, now mainly lacking Astrapias apart from ribbon-tailed, and Parotias apart from Lawes's.

That's a thought, I could see what they have maybe, thanks for the suggestion.
Also thanks to the various folks who contacted me direct, I was able to fill some significant gaps, now mainly lacking Astrapias apart from ribbon-tailed, and Parotias apart from Lawes's.

Surprised you haven't been able to source decent photos of Western Parotia, given how readily it can be observed at display grounds in the Arfaks.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back