• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pipit, London. (1 Viewer)

punkskaphil

Hi all. Just a quick confirmation please of this Pipit that flew overhead when I was on the Walthamstow Reservoirs yesterday. There were some Meadow Pipits around but we've also had Water Pipits on site recently and I wasn't sure of this individual. Apologies for the poor quality of the images.

Attachments

• pipit_01.jpg
    pipit_01.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 103
  • pipit_02.jpg
    pipit_02.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 102
Hi all. Just a quick confirmation please of this Pipit that flew overhead when I was on the Walthamstow Reservoirs yesterday. There were some Meadow Pipits around but we've also had Water Pipits on site recently and I wasn't sure of this individual. Apologies for the poor quality of the images.
Not the best photos, understandably, but looks ok for WP

Not the best photos, understandably, but looks ok for WP

Thanks. I'm getting better at Pipit ID when they're on the deck, but not in flight. Shame I couldn't get better images. I actually tried increasing the saturation of the image to see if there were any buff tones but it stayed pretty neutral, which made me lean towards Water Pipit. It was taken in terrible light though.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back