• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

poor old peacock butterfly. (1 Viewer)

Roger S.

I was gardening today when a butterfly, it was a peacock, you could just tell this and he looked like he had been through the washing machine, his wings were all fraid and there was nothing left of him, he struggled around the garden for about 10 min and then fell dead right at my feet. Poor old thing.
mind you by the state of him , i think he is better of out of it.

I was gardening today when a butterfly, it was a peacock, you could just tell this and he looked like he had been through the washing machine, his wings were all fraid and there was nothing left of him, he struggled around the garden for about 10 min and then fell dead right at my feet. Poor old thing.
mind you by the state of him , i think he is better of out of it.

Hi Roger

Awwhhh, :-C what a sad ending for the Peacock. They finish September time for hibernation too

Mind you, it has been a colder recently, and frosts are around now.

Not a good time for butterfly species to be flying around.

Regards
Kathy

We are stardust, we are golden,
We are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Joni Mitchell

Very autumnal Roger.
Never mind, it will soon be spring.
:)

Thats spooky how you have just quoted Joni Mitchell, i have just watched her singing big yellow taxi on youtube. You must have know i like her, and was watching her.

Thats spooky how you have just quoted Joni Mitchell, i have just watched her singing big yellow taxi on youtube. You must have know i like her, and was watching her.

Hi Rosinante/Roger

The verse is part of a song is it? I did not realise that Joni Mitchell wrote it?

It was a group that sang the song. I am scratching my head here at the moment trying to remember who it is? ;)

The wording suits Autumn time, and the plight of the Peacock butterfly. o:)

Regards
Kathy

Kathy,
Yes Joni Mitchell wrote it, but the group you are thinking of I think is Crosby, Stills and Nash.
I bet you have been humming the song all day.

Roger.

Kathy,
Yes Joni Mitchell wrote it, but the group you are thinking of I think is Crosby, Stills and Nash.
I bet you have been humming the song all day.

Roger.

Hi Roger

Yes humming is the word.

Great song too ;)

Regards
Kathy

Still a few about, one flew in front of me this afternoon near Wrenbury in South Cheshire. Be interesting to see if we have reports of Red Admirals right through winter as we had last year.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back