• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Possible spotted flycatcher? (1 Viewer)

RaptorMan

Bird of prey
I think thts what it was at the least. Anyway heres a description.
small about warbler size maybe a tiny bit smaller perhaps, pale white belly, grey wings with white speckles on it and grey head. I know spotted flycatchers normally return to the perch they were before. But i didn't stick around.

anyway much help apreciated.:)

Hi RaptorMan,

SpotFlys often return to the same perch but not always. I watched two today (miles apart) for a total of perhaps 10 minutes and neither bird returned to any of the perches it had just left.

Your description sounds ok; what sort of habitat was it?

Cheers,

Andy.

Andrew Rowlands said:
Hi RaptorMan,

SpotFlys often return to the same perch but not always. I watched two today (miles apart) for a total of perhaps 10 minutes and neither bird returned to any of the perches it had just left.

Your description sounds ok; what sort of habitat was it?

Cheers,

Andy.

It was very dense sort of bush hawthorn with a path through the middle very dark tunnel like. Was hoping from branch to branch was only a few centimetres from it. This bush aswel was right on the edge of a lake.

Next time, try to hear it. Short high pitched noise (ziii and ziii-teck) :D

Edited to add: Ok, that smiley is on something...

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back