• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Product Review Part II: Svbony SA405 85mm ED Spotting Scope: Eyepieces & Imaging Capabilities. (4 Viewers)

This image was captured in the wee small hours of August 8 showing the last quarter Moon using the SA405 spotting scope and SC001 imaging camera:

View attachment 1525048

At 02:45 local time, Jupiter was also located just a few degrees southeast of the Moon and I took the opportunity to observe the planet with the SA 405 scope and 4mm Plossl eyepiece delivering 121x. I can report an excellent result. The image of the planet was fine and sharp, showing two prominent bands (SEB & NEB) and a couple of more subtle bands at higher and lower latitudes. Just a trace of CA seen on the planet's limb. The four Galilean satellites were also resolved as stellar-like point sources- two on either side of the planet. Overall, very pleased with its high-power capabilities, especially with the planet's sub-optimal altitude in my local sky at this time.
Nice Picture

Another week goes by and another Cormorant arrives at my local pond lol. This one appears to be a bit younger than last week's visitor. But they always perch on the same fallen tree at the north end of the pond. After glassing it yesterday, I took my gear up to capture some images of it today. The picture was captured under sunnier conditions, during mid evening light, with a low altitude sun to the left of the image. Distance about 100 yards as before:

Cormorant 4.jpg

Regards,

Neil.

Last edited:
A few more images captured yesterday at my suet ball feeder. SA405 spotting scope and SC001 imaging camera. Conditions were dry but heavily overcast, distance 18.7 yards,
FB1.jpg
FB 2.jpg
FB3.jpg

3 more images captured today at my neighbour's birdfeeder: similar conditions as last time; - very overcast, 24 yards distant;

Nuthatch;
Nuthatch.jpg

Coal Tit:
Coaltit.jpg

Blue Tit:
Bluetit.jpg

Regards,

Neil.

Some images of colourful Goldfinches taken this afternoon using the SA405 and SC001.
Boy do they love those sunflower hearts!
Distance 18.7 yards. Local temperature - 2C
737ce41f-8ad2-4159-b96d-8b789f834ca0.jpegadddffd4-e958-431b-955d-9f857f42d9db.jpeg241590af-53f8-440b-978a-292a8626bb02.jpeg

Howdy folks:
Still very much enjoying the SA405 spotting scope after all these months of use. I managed to capture another image a few days back of some nesting Grey Herons that have returned to the exact same conifer tree as last season just beyond my back garden. This is the same tree as presented earlier in this thread. To get a good view, I had to set up the scope and SC001 imager a little over 100m away. Conditions were cold and heavily overcast;
2024_03_01_133520_00.jpeg

The evening sounds emanating from my back garden have, once again, become reminiscent of those heard on Jurassic Park lol

Regards,

Neil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back