• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor ID, Ukraine (3 Viewers)

Hello,

far from an answer, even in quiz modus, but can it be a 2cy Lesser Spotted Eagle ?
Maybe the well known experts can squeeze something out here?

Do you have more pictures?

Hello again,

I just realized that you cant trust the colours (and that the underwing might not have been quite dark and the body might not have been pale creamy brown)

And before more pictures might say its a contrasting white bodied bird, it might well be an Osprey?

Again: far from an answer, even in quiz modus and I hope for more comments!

Hello again,

I just realized that you cant trust the colours (and that the underwing might not have been quite dark and the body might not have been pale creamy brown)

And before more pictures might say its a contrasting white bodied bird, it might well be an Osprey?

Again: far from an answer, even in quiz modus and I hope for more comments!

This is definitely not Osprey. Someone of the large eagles

Structurally speaking it slightly recalls a Pallas's Fish Eagle (long thin tail, long neck, small head, slim body, long wings with wider eagle-like hands, etc.) but coloration (including immature plumage) is not really ok... And it would be a much rarer bird than Bonelli's Eagle too! :eek:

Difficult photograph indeed!!!

Ciao Igor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back