• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptor Persecution ePetition (1 Viewer)

I have said before, on other threads, I just can't understand the pathetic response to this petition. Is it ignorance? Apathy? I don't know. Even if people feel that the law would not change the situation, surely a massive response would ramp up the pressure on those that persecute our raptors.
Where are the RSPB? They are supposed to support this petition, too busy stroking Robins I guess.

The RSPB only communicates with members via four magazines and to demand money. However, Birdwatch, Birdwatching and Birding World are monthly. Have they advertised it?

John

Signed up a while ago. It is surprising that it's only had just over 10,000 signatures so far. Well done for highlighting it again! :)

There is a consultation on E&W wildlife law underway http://lawcommission.justice.gov.uk/areas/wildlife.htm

The consultation carries the specific question, “Do consultees think that there should be a wildlife offence extending liability to a principal, such that an employer or someone exercising control over an individual could be liable to the same extent as the individual committing the underlying wildlife offence?”

If you think that such an offence should exist then reply to the consultation, I know it might take more effort that ticking a box but it would stand infinitely more chance of influencing opinion.

There is a consultation on E&W wildlife law underway http://lawcommission.justice.gov.uk/areas/wildlife.htm

The consultation carries the specific question, “Do consultees think that there should be a wildlife offence extending liability to a principal, such that an employer or someone exercising control over an individual could be liable to the same extent as the individual committing the underlying wildlife offence?”

If you think that such an offence should exist then reply to the consultation, I know it might take more effort that ticking a box but it would stand infinitely more chance of influencing opinion.

and what do you think mono?

I think the hunting of all animals for sport should be banned but there is no way that that is going to be in the legislation review.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back