• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Re Pam M of Brittany. (1 Viewer)

Sue Wright

Hi again everyone.

As Bill and others know; I e-mailed Pam after hearing the news of her presumed passing from Bill in September, but didn't get a reply. It's some time ago now that I wrote to her home address in Brittany also, but sadly have heard nothing from Pam or her neighbour.

Although her neighbour only speaks French I know by now that they would have had plenty of time to have had the letter translated somehow and replied about her either being in hospital, as I'd hoped, or of her sad demise.

As Keith seemed quite sure that it was Pam who was being spoken about on the radio programme I think we have to very sadly conclude that our dear friend Pam has passed away. Although she had not been participating on the xbeeb board for some time due to illness, she had shared many happy memories with us since 2002 on the BBC boards firstly then here with us all. She was a lovely lady and dear friend and I know we will all miss her very much indeed.

In the letter that I sent to her home I passed on the thoughts of you all to whom ever read the letter. I still hope that someone will have read it and known how much we loved and respected her, especially for her passion of all wildlife. At this time of year Pam would have had many happy hours photographing Fungi and autumn scenes from the beautiful area where she lived.

I never give up hope of still hearing from the neighbour, and if I do I will certainly let you all know straight away.

Yours sadly,

Sue

Thanks for that Sue. It is a sadness, and it would be nice to think that your very thoughtful letter has been read, and will eventually be replied to.

Love to you and Terry.

Baz.

Re. Pam

That seems so ominously sad.She was part of the backbone that made ex-beeb such a success
It frequently crosses my mind that we cannot really know how many members we really have and I don't suppose I am the only one to wonder about absent friends if I can put it that way.
The lack of information is no ones fault and I cannot think of a solution.
We must be thankful that she was present for a while,
Sincere and sad ,,,,,maurice

Hi Sue Sad news iindeed, I have already expressed my feelings over the loss of Pam, so will now just say its good to see one true friend back again.

All the Best PeterK

Hi Sue

How sad indeed :-C

Thank you for your thoughts, and contact about issues over your/our concern over Pam

Anyway, as Maurice has said we never truly know what happens to people in the real world away from the Bird Forum.

A sad Kathy

Thanks very much Barry, I really do hope you're right. Love to Pam and yourself.

I quite agree with what you've said Maurice, I often wonder where so many are now, but I guess we'll never really know, though most have possibly moved on to different web sites or even widened their hobbies. Be in touch soon.

Very many thanks for you lovely thoughts Peter, they mean so very much! I hope Dot and yourself are both keeping well.

Thank you Kathy, your thoughts are certainly right. Take care.

Sue

Oh Dearest Sue,

I got a few PMs from ex-Beeb people in September about our loss. Through the tears upon reading the news I too hoped and prayed that Pam was not the person mentioned on the radio. It is a sad reality that all of us must face one day.

Pam was a genuinely LOVELY gentle soul and her posts and photographs are missed. She belongs to Heaven now and what a bright spot she must be! I hope in time that Pam's neighbour will respond to your kind heartfelt letter. Love and compassion transcends all languages.

Hope that you and yours are doing well.

Lydia

Dear Lydia,

Bless you for taking such deep thought with your beautiful wording. It is sad, but as you rightly say, she will be in Heaven and if she has her way she will be guiding all farmers to work their fields in a very Bird-friendly way! I dearly hope that's exactly what she's doing as I'm sure that's how her time would be happiest spent, especially given that the farmer opposite her caused such mayhem for the Marsh Harriers she'd loved, though sadly lost lost due to his thoughtless actions.

I thought the last sentence of your 2nd paragraph was so beautiful, so very true too.

We are all well thanks Lydia. I hope you, Mike and the family are all well as also, along with your feathered friends.

Very many thanks for your beautiful words and thoughts

All best wishes,

Sue.

Thank you for the update on Pam in France, Sue. Hopefully you will hear from a neighbour or relative of Pam's sometime in the future.

As you know I echo the feelings of all the above posters.

Best wishes to you, Sue.

Pam.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back