• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Recordings northern Costa Rica November 2022 (2 Viewers)

BikeandBird

Hi everyone,

some more smartphone recordings of birds(?), this time from more northern regions of Costa Rica:

20221116_0753: heard these loud calls from the canopy inside the Reserva Biológica Bosque Nuboso Monteverde
20221119_1335: Caño Negro: two different birds or species?
20221119_1427: Caño Negro: also two different birds species? one with the trill and then there is the descending song verse

Very curious how you would ID those.

Thanks a lot in advance

All the best,
Leo

Attachments

• 20221116_0753_unknown.wav
    2.1 MB
  • 20221119_1335_unknown.wav
    1.7 MB
  • 20221119_1427_unknown.wav
    1.1 MB
1. Azure-hooded Jay- nice one!
2. Dusky Antbird duet
3. Morelet's Seedeater, trill is Common Tody-Flycatcher. Also at least hear Montezuma Oropendola and distant Olive-throated Parakeet.

I remember that I thought about the Jay in the field as it was surely a target species for the location. Sadly I did not get to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back