• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB’s New Logo (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Found out this morning The RSPB have updated their logo. I think it’s nice what does everyone else think?.8243A943-E264-4086-8241-5BEC50149192.jpeg

Last edited:
Good to see it still features an avocet, but I'm not over-keen on the blocky upper case text and I particularly don't like the large area of green. The blue colour has given them a very distinctive identity over the years, when the majority of conservation organisations inevitably feature green. And I join @Welsh Peregrine in asking how much it costs to change a logo, when there are maybe more pressing concerns.

It is not a "big bang" change everything all at once approach they are going to roll out the new logo as and when taking up to three years.

The general idea is certainly good.

Overall though, I think they have missed a trick. Instead of going for a bird that they have had success with, they could have used the symbol to draw attention to something like the plight of the Hen Harrier.

Sack the graphic designer and bring back the old one.

When will these and all other idiots learn that once you have a brand burned into the consciousness of the average punter changing it doesn't bring you more attention, it renders you invisible as the thing they are used to looking for disappears.

Utter foolishness.

John

This thread reminds me of this old one.
I prefer the old square blue one with black border .

Every time someone like the RSPB changes their main logo it must cost more than it is worth. They will presumably repaint their vehicles, produce new staff shirts and jackets etc, update notice boards and entry signs, and so on.
I seem to remember that a previous rebranding cost well into seven figures. It would be good to know how much this one has cost and what the benefits are expected to be.

Every time someone like the RSPB changes their main logo it must cost more than it is worth. They will presumably repaint their vehicles, produce new staff shirts and jackets etc, update notice boards and entry signs, and so on.
I seem to remember that a previous rebranding cost well into seven figures. It would be good to know how much this one has cost and what the benefits are expected to be.
It depends whether they do it as a rolling change - just changing logos as notices/shirts/vehicles need replacing dramatically keeps costs down.

I like it. Only noticed it this morning when I saw a tweet from RSPB Scotland that caught my eye. It doesn't take long for new logos to enter public consciousness. There's often a small window where people can be shocked by it, but by the end of the year you'll be used to it.

I suspect this is optimised to stand out as an "App badge" / icon on a mobile device.
Funny how they've evolved from emblems on badges -> t-shirts/hats -> websites -> mobile phones...

The general idea is certainly good.

Overall though, I think they have missed a trick. Instead of going for a bird that they have had success with, they could have used the symbol to draw attention to something like the plight of the Hen Harrier.

Can you imagine the pro shooting rag the Daily Mail, the day after, if they did that :ROFLMAO:

That is an absolute travesty, and I have no doubt that it cost an absolute fortune (taken from the donations and membership fees) to 'come up with', let alone the cost of putting that on every single sign, shirt and book...

RSPB obviously has too much money on its hands.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back