• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rufous-breasted Flycatcher (1 Viewer)

49bentley

Canada
Can someone please confirm this to be a Rufous-breasted Flycatcher? Taken near Pifo Ecuador in July.
Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• _A0A0745-denoise-sharpen-focus.jpg
    _A0A0745-denoise-sharpen-focus.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 47
Agree with the ID but question the location - was this perhaps a bit further east? Rufous-breasted Fly should be in cloud forest from Papallacta east, or perhaps there's a pocket of cloud forest type habitat there near Pifo? I don't know that area super well, have just driven between Quito and the east slope a number of times but not birded much to the west of Papallacta.

Thanks Josh. I am not very familiar with Ecuador, so I'm not sure what direction we headed off on. We started in Pifo and birded not long afterwards.

It’s not a great distance, perhaps 30 mins or an hour so to get to habitat, or perhaps you don’t have to get all the way to Papallacta. Doesn’t really matter as the ID is straightforward for this one :)

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back