• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sage Thrasher? Southern WY, August 27 (1 Viewer)

qwerty5

Controversial opinion generator
United States
While driving on Interstate 80 through the nothingness of southern Wyoming, I noticed a few gray robin-size birds perched on fenceposts. Sage Thrasher seems a fine fit, but since I'm unfamiliar with Wyoming I'm wondering if there's any potential confusion species. It's hard to notice much at 80 mph.

How similar is similar? There are certainly other birds more-or-less the same size and shape as a Sage Thrasher in Wyoming, such as various thrushes, Northern Mockingbird, and others, but along Interstate 80 I think Sage Thrasher would be the most common.

How similar is similar? There are certainly other birds more-or-less the same size and shape as a Sage Thrasher in Wyoming, such as various thrushes, Northern Mockingbird, and others, but along Interstate 80 I think Sage Thrasher would be the most common.
I looked through the eBird checklist for the area, and I'm pretty certain of Sage Thrasher now. I don't think the tail was long enough for mockingbird, and I saw one flying that was certainly wrong for mockingbird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back