• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sakura 30-260x160 Binoculars (1 Viewer)

Binastro

A video review of this binocular, perhaps by a seller, says with a straight face that the tubes are 80mm, which means the aperture is 160.

By this reasoning, I presume that the 260x magnification means each tube magnifies 130x.

The price seems to be £90, which seems remarkably good for a 160mm aperture binocular.

By the same logic, I suppose an observer with a 6mm pupil actually has 12mm pupils with two eyes.

And a 70 year old has two eyes of age 140 years.

I am not sure how old the ten toes would be.

What is apparent in these videos where a phone camera video is included to show the top magnification, no mention is made as to whether the two tubes are in alignment for a normal observer.
The video only looks through one tube.

It is quite clear from the Sakura 20-180x100 that the above reasoning also applies.

With both binoculars the back plates have the specifications clearly marked.

The internet is truly a place to find real information and great binoculars.

Regards,
B.

A video review of this binocular, perhaps by a seller, says with a straight face that the tubes are 80mm, which means the aperture is 160.

By this reasoning, I presume that the 260x magnification means each tube magnifies 130x.

The price seems to be £90, which seems remarkably good for a 160mm aperture binocular.

By the same logic, I suppose an observer with a 6mm pupil actually has 12mm pupils with two eyes.

And a 70 year old has two eyes of age 140 years.

I am not sure how old the ten toes would be.

What is apparent in these videos where a phone camera video is included to show the top magnification, no mention is made as to whether the two tubes are in alignment for a normal observer.
The video only looks through one tube.

It is quite clear from the Sakura 20-180x100 that the above reasoning also applies.

With both binoculars the back plates have the specifications clearly marked.

The internet is truly a place to find real information and great binoculars.

Regards,
B.

Thanks for this Binnie. If my memory is correct I think 'Sakura' means Cherry Blossom in Japanese and I am sure it is educational to reflect on the fact that Cherry Blossom is also a brand of shoe polish...... Or maybe it is just my weird sense of humour.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back