• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

sale on refurbished Brunton Epochs (1 Viewer)

Omid

United States
Brunton has a very good online sale price for refurbished versions of their Epoch series. Check out their website for details.

This is actually a little concerning to me. These binos have not been on the market all that long and they already have a large supply of refurbished models. I would be a little concerned about the durability.

ranburr

According to their website, the refurbished items were used as demos for trade shows, exhibitions or were field tested models, it also says that they don't come with all the accessories that new ones come with and no warranty.

Greetings,

I recently bought some 7.5x Epochs from REI ...... and promptly returned them . They are built extemely well and all ..... but there was so much of a light purplish haze in the bottom third of the viewing image (at least 50% of the time) ..... it drove me nuts . I've tried all sorts of binoculars ..... high end to low ..... and I've never seen this to such an extent.

It's really too bad ..... because the were excellent other than this 'major' problem . For the price they want though ..... I expect much much better. I wouldn't pay $100 for them because of the problem with the haze..... if you can't see what you're looking at .... what's the point of using them at all ?

I can't imagine why anyone would buy these ..... but since no two of us see the same ..... maybe the haze issue was just me . I guess everyone needs to judge for themselves.

- Garth

Greetings!

I've done quite a bit of gazing through various Brunton optics. Other than the low-end "Echo" line, I'm not very impressed overall. I really wanted to like the "Epoch" line of binoculars - I like how rugged and different they look... but I've found that they invariably fall short of the other high-end brands like Leica, Nikon, Swarovski, and Zeiss. I was especially disappointed with the compact "Epoch" models, they have severe field curvature at the edges that makes you almost seasick when panning around a scene.

I like the "Echo" 8x25 and 8x32 models VERY much, though - they are true bargains in their price range. Interestingly, I could not tell the difference between the "Echo" 8x32 and the supposedly better "Eterna" 8x32. The "Eterna" sells for almost twice the price of the "Echo" and has (as far as I can tell) nearly identical optics. The "Eterna" 8x32 is a bit heavier, though... so I guess they must be selling them by weight! ;)

Best wishes,
Bawko

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back