• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scouser in the Highlands (1 Viewer)

COLG

Doesn't seem to be a lot happening in the North West at the moment so I thought I'd mention that I'm in Inverness at the moment seeing what's happening around here . A visit from a Little Egret has caused much excitement hereabouts , even making the local papers . We've visited a few local forests without so much as hearing a bird, so Crested Tits and Crossbills seem to be avoiding us ( nothing unusual there then !) As usual for the Black Isle there's a few birds of prey around and lots of waders along the shoreline . Here's a few pics -

Attachments

• buzzard 2.jpg
    buzzard 2.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 85
  • rock pipit2.jpg
    rock pipit2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 66
  • turnstone3.jpg
    turnstone3.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 57
Crested tits were visiting the feeders at Loch G yesterday.
Cheers.

We're just back from a week in Boat of Garten and the day I was in the woods looking at the feeders, there were loads of coaltits & some chaffinch. No crested tits. Will look in my diary and see which day it was. A photographer was just dismantling his kit as I arrived and said there wasn't much about. But ... Oh, how I love those woods in autumn and winter when the centre is closed.

Went up to Findhorn oe day but chose the wrong day both for the weather - extrememly windy with the water very choppy - and it was high tide so no waders at all. In fact we saw very few waders all week but we didn't go to the coast again.

Unfortunately didn't stay long enough on this occasion to pursue the Crested Tits and won't be going back until next April . Did see a few waders at Chanonry Point and Alturlie and I'll update this thread every time I go back if people are interested . Here's a few more birds that I encountered on this trip .

Attachments

• rook.jpg
    rook.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 59
  • it's us again.jpg
    it's us again.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 67
  • buzzard2.jpg
    buzzard2.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 62
  • curlew.jpg
    curlew.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back