• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Several ID confirmations only, SE Michigan, USA (1 Viewer)

Daddylion

The Daddy Lion
My guesses are as follows:

1) American Redstart
2) Baltimore Oriole
3) Eastern Towhee
4) Rose-breasted Grosbeak
5) ???? Flycatcher? Sorry the pic's not too good.

Please ID the ones you can, I know some of the pics aren't too good!:C

Thanks |:D|

Attachments

• American Redstart.JPG
    American Redstart.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 69
  • Baltimore Oriole.JPG
    Baltimore Oriole.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Eastern Towhee.JPG
    Eastern Towhee.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 65
  • Rose-breasted Grosbeak.JPG
    Rose-breasted Grosbeak.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Unknown.JPG
    Unknown.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 94
And I would also like to confirm these as Yellow Warblers.

Thanks

Attachments

• Yellow Warbler (2).JPG
    Yellow Warbler (2).JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Yellow Warbler (3).JPG
    Yellow Warbler (3).JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 64
You are correct on all accounts. The fifth photo in the first post could be a Warbling Vireo... it looks a bit dull for an Empidonax flycatcher.

Hi daddylion,

Warbling Vireo looks like a good match for the fifth photo. Coloration and structure are wrong for Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (body is too bulky and tail too short).

The bird appears to be singing by the way. You might want to listen to Warbling Vireo recordings, it is quite a distinctive song.

Best,
Jim

Warbling were the commonest Vireo at Point Pelee in May 2007 and you're presumably not a million miles away from there so appears likely

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back